General Clerk (Part Time)
Posted on: February 28, 2020
Akima Support Operations (ASO) provides logistics, facilities
maintenance and operations, transportation and support services for
mission-critical military installations and civilian agencies
around the country. From the homes of U.S. Central Command and U.S.
Special Operations Command to the highways of suburban Virginia,
ASO experts and professionals work behind the scenes to ensure
smooth and continuous operations. Our personnel enjoy competitive
benefits packages and challenging roles in work environments
committed to safety, diversity and opportunity for career growth.
As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), 100% of our company's
profits go back to our 14,300 I--upiat shareholders that have
resided near and above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000
years. Our business helps support their way of life and contributes
to the survival of a culture that has thrived in a challenging
Perform general clerical duties that follow prescribed procedures
in support of a facility maintenance contract on a Government
facility. This position requires a working knowledge of office
procedures, scheduling preventative and correct work, organization,
filing, record keeping and word processing and document
preparation. The General Clerk II position requires frequent use of
a computer in the performance of clerical duties. Assist with time
sheets and work orders.
The General Clerk II must have knowledge of commonly used concepts,
practices, and procedures used in clerical settings. In addition,
the General Clerk II must possess experience in customer service
and/or facility maintenance environments. Experience with (DPAS)
Government Computer System is desired however, not required.
However, experience working with Microsoft based computer
applications is a must. These include: Power Point, Excel, and
Word. This list of duties is not exhaustive and there may be other
- Perform routine office and clerical functions according to
established procedures. Maintain records and reports. File
correspondence and documents, remove and return material from
files, and prepare file folders. Sort, collate, and assemble
duplicated material in accordance with specific instructions or
- Perform other business services work as assigned. Possess
knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
Answer telephone and relay calls or take messages.
- Post a variety of routine information and data in connection
with the office records. Operate a variety of simple office
machines and equipment.
- Be familiar with the Quality Control/Customer Satisfaction Plan
(QC/CSP) requirements and perform QC/CS actions as required.
- Maintain computer data bases for contractual accountability and
- Perform other clerical and administrative duties as
- Processes PM work orders daily (prints overnight PM's), sorts
work orders for retrieval and by type for distribution to the
proper specialty mechanic (i.e. Battery, heavy mechanic, forklift
or turret mechanic). Notifies CGA of equipment not attainable from
- Process and fax emergency, weekend, graveyard and swing shift
work orders to the CGA work order desk. Upon work order desk
printout she then annotates information on to those work orders for
either closeout (if completed) or for further repairs if
- Maintains retrieval (dispatch) logs for equipment requiring
evacuation to the maintenance shop for repair or preventive
- Distributes emergency call work orders from CGA (electronically
generated to our printer) to the proper maintenance personnel. (1
hour response time maximum)
- Opens and closes equipment work orders throughout the day, this
includes unscheduled and scheduled EWO's.
- Sorts and maintains files closed EWO's.
- Prepares MHE Clin 3 invoice backup for the CGA by copying
EWO's, timesheets and printing out the monthly EMACS database.
Audits man hour information annotated on EWO's and timesheets for
- Files and maintains confined space permits.
- Answers office phone addressing customer concerns about status
of equipment in shop and notifies customers of upcoming PM's of
equipment and equipment ready for customer pick up.
- Assists manager as required.
- Adds and deletes equipment file folders as required.
- Verifies all emergency call EWO's and 2 day PM's are accounted
for and closed before end of business day.
- Furnishes maintenance and parts history reports for technicians
- Compiles survey information for CGA as requested.
- Reschedules Battery PM's as required.
- Enters monthly meter readings into the EMACS database for input
into the VML database (contract requirement) This consists of
approximately 700 metered pieces of equipment. Makes telephonic
contact with the government equipment maintenance manager as
required for VML inputs. This tasking is approximately 20 hours
with a 3-4 day completion timeframe.
- Creates the monthly PM schedule using the EMACS database. This
process involves scheduling PM's for each day of the following
months work week. Provides schedule to MHE manager for review and
approval. Upon PM Schedule approval from MHE manager, sends email
notification to all warehouse supervisors.
Fiscal Year End:
- Transfers MHE maintenance files for the fiscal year to boxes
for storage. These files will be in ascending order by ejon. New
file folders will be created for the current year.
- Transfers hard copy employee timesheets to boxes for storage.
These files will be in alphabetical order.
- Requires two year's experience in clerical work and related
- Work may involve the operation of simple office machines,
including computer and associated equipment.
- Require's attention to detailed on daily assigned tasks.
- Possess one or more years of experience in the operation of a
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills necessary.
- California Driver's License
- Bachelor's degree desired; May be substituted with 3 years of
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description
generally cover the nature and level of work being performed by
individuals assigned to this position. This is not intended to be a
complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required.
Subject to the terms of an applicable collective bargaining
agreement, the company management reserves the right to modify,
add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as may be necessar
y. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in
applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for
interviews will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive
consideration for employment, without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age,
marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability,
pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing
reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental
disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and
are interested in applying for employment and need special
accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please
contact, Recruiting Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or
571-353-7053. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a
The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only
for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance
to apply to an open position using our website.
Please do not use the dedicated email or phone number above to
inquire on the status of your job application.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government
regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or
call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or
mental disability and need assistance with the online
Keywords: ASO, Brentwood , General Clerk (Part Time), Other , Tracy, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!